Elise Ferer, Librarian for Undergraduate Learning, Drexel University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Drexel University Libraries, Drexel University, Librarian for Undergraduate Learning, Dec. 2014 – present
- Liaison to English and Philosophy, First Year Writing Program, Writing Intensive Program, Drexel Writing Center and participates in activities and maintains visibility with these programs
- Liaison to the University Learning Alliance, group of tutoring and student support services across campus
- Plans and Participates in Welcome Week activities for all new Undergraduate Students
- Administers Personal Librarian program and participates in outreach to all Undergraduate Students
- Liaison to Steinbright Career Development Center and the Cooperative Education Program, which includes reference and library guides creation and maintenance
- Instruction coordinator for English 101, 102, and 103, which includes separate sections for English Language Learners
- Creates Blackboard shells, online learning objects, lesson plans, assignments and activities for English 101 and 102 that align with the ACRL Framework and the outcomes of the First Year Writing Program
- Gathers relevant assessment data for all areas of outreach, reference, and instruction
- Participates in library reference and instruction services
Waidner-Spahr Library, Dickinson College, Humanities Liaison Librarian, Coordinator for Academic Integrity Sept. 2011 – Dec. 2014
- Works with faculty to incorporate information literacy into coursework for six first year seminar classes and courses in liaison areas through assignments, classroom sessions in the library, and tutorials
- Instructor for English 300 – Critical Approaches and Literary Methods Lab
- Provides reference services in person, by email, and instant message
- Liaison librarian to various departments in the humanities and assists them with research, information literacy, reserves, ILL, and collection development
- Responsible for administering the college’s Academic Integrity tutorial
- Serves on the writing subcommittee and works with the head of the writing center to create links between library services and the writing center
- Participates in ongoing assessment of work at the individual, team, unit and library levels and uses assessment results to continuously improve services
- Supervised student assistant for reference department
- Migrated all research guides for liaison areas to libguides platform
- Analyzed the collection of Art and Art History monographs and prepared a report for the department
- Studied collaborations between writing centers and libraries and compiling a report with recommendations for Dickinson
Ursula C. Schwerin Library, New York City College of Technology, Adjunct Librarian, Feb. 2010 – Sept. 2011
- Provided reference and excellent service to students and faculty in a busy college setting
- Taught bibliographic instruction for English 1101 and 1121
- Provided instruction in databases including Lexis Nexis, Academic Search Premier/Complete, and various subject specific databases
- Familiarized myself with relevant resources, policies and procedures to act as a solo librarian
- Supervised student workers and opened and closed the library
- Reorganized staff wiki to add new materials and make user friendly
- Compiled statistics gathered from Eng 1101 instruction sessions to generate a staff report
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, MLIS, Academic Libraries
Parsons School of Design, New York, NY, AAS, Fashion Design
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, BA, Art History
Ferer, Elise and Kayla Birt Flegal. “#Candy: Creating Categories to Introduce Search Strategies.” In The First-Year Experience Library Cookbook, edited by Raymond Pun and Meggan A. Houlihan, 53-54. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2017.
Review of The Craft of Librarian Instruction: Using Acting Techniques to Create Your Teaching Presence. Julie Artman, Jeff Sundquist, and Douglas R. Dechow. College & Research Libraries 77, no. 6 (2016): 805-806, doi: 10.5860/crl.77.6.805.
Review of Meaningful Metrics: A 21st-Century Librarian’s Guide to Bibliometrics, Altmetrics, and Research Impact. Robin Chin Roemer and Rachel Borchardt. College & Research Libraries 77, no. 3 (2016) : 397-398, doi: 10.5860/crl.77.3.397.
“Shifting the Focus: Fostering Academic Integrity on Campus.” ARCLog. May 27, 2013. http://acrlog.org/2013/05/27/shifting-the-focus-fostering-academic-integrity-on-campus/
“Working Together: Library and Writing Center Collaboration.” Reference Services Review 40, issue 4 (2012) : 543-557, doi:10.1108/00907321211277350.
Ferer, Elise. “Putting the Library to Work: Information Literacy Skills in Co-op Job Search.” Poster at ALA Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, June 24, 2016.
Ferer, Elise, Beth Black, and Matt Upson. “Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Partnering with Undergraduate Research Offices to Present Scholarship as a Conversation.” Presentation at LOEX, Pittsburgh, PA, May 5-7, 2016.
Farley, Lisa, Elise Ferer, and Katherine Houseman “ReConnect: Meeting Your Neighbors – Outreach & Collaboration.” Presentation at MAWCA, Philadelphia, PA, March 18-19, 2016.
Ferer, Elise, Cody Hennesey, Holly Luetkenhaus. “Examining Discovery Platforms within the New Framework of Information Literacy.” Presentation at ALA Annual, San Francisco, CA, June 25-30, 2015.
“Sustainable Collaborations: Developing a Referral Slip Program Between Writing Centers and Reference Librarians.” Virtual Poster at ACRL 2015, Portland, OR, March 25-28, 2015.
Kirker, Maoria, Zoe Fisher, and Elise Ferer. “Splashes of Color: Quick and Easy Active Learning Assessments in Your Library Classroom.” Presentation at LOEX, Grand Rapids, MI, May 8-10, 2014.
Assessment in Action, Year 3, Team Leader
ACRL Immersion, Teacher Track, Seattle, WA, July 2013
ALA Student to Staff Program Award, Pittsburgh, PA, 2009
Pitt Partners Program Scholarship, Pittsburgh, PA, 2008-2009
American Library Association, November 2008 – present
Association of College and Research Libraries October 2011 – present
ARLIS/NA July 2014 – July 2015
Special Libraries Association, June 2009 – June 2010